Sunday, March 2, 2008

poema para holly

Use to or used to? then I must not have heard

the rhyme which sweetened your every word,

or else, deafened, I thought such rhymes from thee

sealed, delivered to another, only passed by me.

 

And yet, though dimly, I still recall a scene,

though bleak life would label it only a dream

or a sea change, and it from my memory erase,

like words traced in the sand, in a heart or a face. 

 

In spite of nightmare, I slept, my mouth open wide,

Fear let me not speak, I willed like a child to hide

or cry out for a guardian, a protector within reach

with the soothing soul of the ocean, amor matris. 

 

As I awake from the terror, my sore eyes behold

yours, as in a mirror, looking into my soul

And the peace you bring tells me to fear no wrong

For a guardian has kept watch over me all along.

No comments: